Measuring the half chest is a simple process that helps you determine the width of a garment. We want you to measure a garment and not a body to avoid mistakes. Here's how you can do it:
- Prepare the necessary tools: You'll need a measuring tape or a flexible ruler for accurate measurements.
- Lay flat on a table a garment that is similar to the one that you wish to order.
- Locate the measuring point: The half chest measurement is taken from one side of the chest to the other side, directly under the armpits. This is typically the widest part of the chest.
- Measure across: Place the starting end of the measuring tape at one side of the chest, just under the armpit, and extend it across the chest to the corresponding point on the opposite side.
- Read the measurement: Note the measurement where the tape meets the end point on the opposite side. This number is the half chest measurement.
- Double-check: To get the full chest measurement, simply double the half chest measurement. This will give you the total width of the chest.
Remember to record the measurement in the appropriate unit (inches or centimeters) for accurate reference when choosing clothing sizes or making garments.